“To provide high quality and timely medical services to our patients; putting the patient at the centre of everything we do and striving to improve services in an ever changing environment.”
To achieve this we will:
- Work within the framework of NHS primary care service to provide the highest quality of care to meet the identified needs of our patients
- Treat patients with respect and courtesy at all times
- Support patients in helping them to make decision to improve and maintain their health
- Maintain confidentiality in the records we keep on your behalf and in what we discuss, appropriately, with other healthcare professionals.
- Promote a culture amongst our enthusiastic team to encourage innovation to improve health outcomes for our patients.
- Utilise the variety of specialist expertise within the practice team and encourage the continuous professional development of all staff.
Statement of Purpose:
Portsdown Group Practice is a large multi-site NHS General Practice that currently delivers a full range of Personal Medical Services to its registered NHS patients from its six sites:
- Cosham Park House, Cosham Park Avenue, Cosham, Portsmouth, PO63BG
- The Surgery, Crookhorn Lane, Purbrook, Waterlooville, PO75XP
- Kingston Crecent Surgery, 92 Kingston Crescent, Portsmouth, PO28AL
- The Surgery, 194 Allaway Avenue, Paulsgrove, Portsmouth, PO64HJ
- Heyward Road Surgery, 3 Heyward Road, PO4 0DY
- Somerstown Surgery, Tysley Road, Southsea, PO5 4EZ
We also provide additional services under a number of DES and LES schemes offered to us by our Portsmouth CCG. A number of our partners have additional expertise, for example in dermatology, cardiology, minor surgery, elderly medicine, ultrasound scanning and respiratory medicine, enabling us to provide an extended range of high quality clinical care.