Helping to protect your child against meningococcal disease
The meningococcal ACWY (MenACWY) vaccine is replacing the routine Meningococcal C (MenC) vaccine. MenACWY vaccination helps to protect your child against four types of meningococcal bacteria (groups A, C, W and Y) that can cause meningitis (inflammation of the lining of the brain) and septicaemia (blood poisoning). These diseases are very serious and can kill, especially if not diagnosed early.
Cases of meningococcal W disease ("MenW") in England have increased significantly in recent years, and it is in response to this rise in cases that this vaccine is being introduced. If children have not already received the School Leavers Booster vaccination this may be offered at the same time
Call Centre now active! Phone options have changed.
In response to patient feedback, we have streamlined our phone service and created a centralised call centre based out of Cosham Park House surgery. The aim of this call centre is to provide patients with a smooth experience when calling by providing dedicated lines and receptionists to focus on answering phonecalls and reducing wait times.
All six surgeries (including Heyward Road and Somerstown) can now be reached under the one main number of 023 9200 9191. Please see the phone options below:
- Select option 1 to book an urgent, on the day appointment
- Select option 2 to book a routine appointment
- Select option 3 if you have a general enquiry, this option will then provide a second list of choices:
- To cancel an appointment at any branch, press 1
- For Cosham Park House or Paulsgrove, press 2
- For Crookhorn, press 3
- For Kingston Crescent, press 4
- For Heyward Road or Somerstown, press 5
Please not that it is important to select the correct option when calling, as making an incorrect choice will delay both yourself and others.